cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Marcano <ro...@promca.com>
Subject [C2] encoding help
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:41:58 GMT
I searched for help in the list archives but i didn´t found something
that solve my problem

I have a pipeline that generates xsp -> transform via xslt to html ->
then serialize. The XSP file is encoded with UTF-8 and has some
characters like "á" (a acute). When the html is transformed by the
<xsl:value-of select="caption"/> tag, what i see in the browser is the
two characters that represents the two bytes for this UTF-8 letter.I
verified that Netscape is detecting that the page is UTF-8 encoded.

I tried using "<xsl:output method="html" indent="no" encoding="UTF-8"/>"
in my stylesheet but doesn´t work. Someone has an idea why this happens?
how to correct that in my code? I was reading the Cocoon2 code in order
to see if this is a bug or not, but i don´t understand the design of the
cocoon2 framework yet

Thanks in advance