cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Any Sample for Upload?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:40:47 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Berin,
> Do you have any sample for upload?

RSN !)

If you simply have a form that uses the multipart/form-data
encoding type then the MaybeUpload package will parse it,
and you can use any of the HttpRequest methods to handle the
form--and the files will be uploaded to the CONTEXT_WORK_DIR/image-dir
directory--although the files will be silently renamed if there
is a name conflict.

If you want to get a Handle on the File object uploaded, use
the new HttpRequest.get(name) method.  This is an extension
of HttpServletRequest, so you must correctly cast your
instance to HttpRequest.

Enclosed is a snippet of my ImageUploadAction that I am working on:

public Map act(EntityResolver resolver, Map objectModel, String source, Parameters param)
throws Exception {
    HttpRequest request = (HttpRequest) objectModel.get(Constants.REQUEST_OBJECT);

    // note, some of the details are ommitted, you will not
    // be forced to use the name "uploaded-file" in the committed
    // version.
    File image = (File) request.get("uploaded-file");
    int [] dimensions = ImageDirectoryGenerator.getSize(image);
    int widthAttr = dimensions[0];
    int heightAttr = dimensions[1];
    int sizeAttr = (int) image.length();
}