cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Request For Vote: MultiPart Form Handling
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:42:34 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > I have a solution already developed that uses MaybeUpload
> > project.  The License is compatible with the Apache Software
> > License (BSD style), and the project is open source.
> >
> > I would like to include the MaybeUpload jar file, and the
> > modifications to CocoonServlet and HttpRequest object files
> > that are required to seamlessly integrate this functionality.
>
> i have no strong objection, but why not make it optional like xt and such?

Well, how would you propose doing that?  The HttpRequest has to be
modified to allow access to the Files that are uploaded.  We can
use the MaybeUpload method called get() that returns an Object
(Vector, File, or String).  Or we can use the O'Reilly methods
which have getFile(name) and getFiles(name) which return a File
object or an array of Files respectively.  That way you can use
_any_ HttpRequestWrapper that handles the details.  The other
obstacle is that each wrapper has a different constructor.

My idea is to commit what I have, and generalize it later.  It is
going to be a real pain trying to keep my changes in sync with
Cocoon if we take too long to deliberate--Plus I have a deadline.

The method of accessing the files can be changed at a later date
if necessary.

Please note that the MaybeUploadRequestWrapper is _only_ used if
the incomming request is multipart/form-data encoded.  Most of the
time, you will never see the object in use.