cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2][Xalan2] Need to use XPath independent of Xalan.
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:26:07 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Scott,
>
> A few C2 components use org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI package. Is there a plan to add a new
target in
> build.xml to build an independent jar file (say "xpath.jar")?. (We need this to be able
to use C2
> with SAXON)

Not having alot of experience with developing XPath API stuff, but
recognizing that need, I have been tossing around the idea of creating
a SAX 2 based XPath projet called "saXPath".  It would start humbly with
the simple element/attribute grabbing, and then include more and more
pieces of the API.  If there is sufficient interest, I can open up a
project in SourceForge with a compatible license, and work can begin
right away....