cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Has anyone used cocoon for multipart mime encoding?
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:44:33 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > I have a need for uploading files from a client machine into
> > a database, and was wondering if anyone has successfully done
> > something like this.
>
> many times.
>
> > I want a solution that can be committed to Cocoon so the
> > O'Reilly servlets would not be acceptable for that purpose.
> > Now I could use them to get my job done....  But what good
> > is it if I have a cool solution that can't be shared?
>
> this situation sucks. jason hunter's o'reilly package is nice, but his
> license is really stupid and he's never responded to any of my requests to
> re-release it under a BSD license. maybe if we all joined together and
> asked nicely again... i mean, c'mon, he's an ASF member, he's our
> representative to the JCP community, and his book is quite out of date
> anyway... but i wouldn't hold out much hope here. you might have some luck
> with this package:
>
> http://www.weft.co.uk/library/maybeupload/
>
> personally, i'd like to see RFC1867 file uploads incorporated into
> catalina - i think that's where it belongs.

Thanks for the pointer.  And I agree--but as a formal part of the Servlet
spec.  I think it bites that we have to jump through all of these hoops.

Anyhow, If no one objects, I would like to include the maybeupload
jar into Cocoon once I get this working.  It will be implemented as an
Action, and work (initially) for adding only.