cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Marcano <ro...@promca.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Regression in classpath generation
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:17:26 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> We changed the way classes are loaded in Cocoon by using a custom
> classloader. I *thought* this was working these days. Are you using the
> latest CVS? If it is broken, I should run into the same problem some
> time this afternoon.
>
> The reason we're moving away from the classpath attribute is that we
> don't actually know the attribute for all servlet engines, and it's not
> portable. In theory, the new code should work across nearly all servlet
> engines. Roll on SRV2.3.
>
> Paul.

I´m using the latest cvs, but it doesn´t work with WebSphere 3.5. The
problem is caused because a WAR file imported inside WebSphere, is
broken in two directories
"web" and "servlets", all the java code that resides inside
WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib is moved to the "servlets" directory,
the remaining files are installed inside the "web" directory, so the
class CocoonServlet is not able to see the jar files to generate the
classpath. I think that a solution to this is to use the
classpath-attribute servlet parameter as an optional one. I temporally
duplicated the jar files inside the web directory in order to continue
development, but it can arise a security problem in WebSphere because
files residing in the "web" directory are exposed to web downloads.