cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0 Class Loader Reorganization
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2001 16:52:55 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> I've changed the way that Tomcat 4.0 loads classes so that we should no
> longer have the "package sealing violation" problems!  It should be
> possible to plug and play any app that has Xerces in its "WEB-INF/lib"
> directory, even if that app also chooses to use JSP pages (which rely on
> the JAXP 1.1 parser, which is causing the package sealing issues).
>
> I'd appreciate it if you guys would try tonight's nightly build with
> Cocoon and Turbine based apps, and report any problems that you run
> into, so that we can fix them before a "beta 2" release of Tomcat 4.0.

Ok, it works, the "sealing violation" exceptions are gone...

> Craig
>
> PS:  Stefano, there was also mention in one of your messages about
> problems with "servlet.jar" as well?  Could you fill me in on the
> details if that is still a problem?

... but this problem still remains: Catalina must provide more
reasonable classpath information to the servlet contexts in order for
the webapps to be able to compile parts of itself using javac, like
Cocoon does.

[I previously provided more information to Craig privately]

So, cocoon people, please upgrade to Tomcat-4.0 build 20010218 to avoid
the sealing violation exception.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.