cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Marcano <ro...@promca.com>
Subject WebSsphere classpath patch [C2]
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:29:47 GMT
I made a few changes to the org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet in
order to use the provided web application classpath.
WebSphere doesn't use the directory structure that exist inside a war
file when it is imported (The servlet 2.2 spec does not enforce that the
deployed jar must have the same directory structure), so Cocoon is not
able to compile any classes.

WebSphere uses a ServletContext attribute called
"com.ibm.websphere.servlet.application.classpath" that store the web
application classpath. in order to be able to use it I added a new code
to provide the name of this attribute using the servlet parameter named
"classpath-attribute", if this attribute is defined this value will be
used, if not the previous algorithm is used

hopes this helps