cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: [C2]: What happened to Roles.COCOON?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:06:06 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> > Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > after updating to the latest CVS the Roles.COCOON has disappeared!
> >
> > Yes, read the mail from berin from last night .
> >
> Hmm, ok it seems that my mail account is still not working correct. I didn't get any
mail from berin.
> I will check the mail archive then.
>
> > > Was this removing intentionally? And why?
> >
> > Because it doesn't offer any services and it never really was a Component.
> > It
> > was made so initially and was keeps so for a too long time.
> >

> > > How can I get the Cocoon instance now? A simple
> > > ComponentManger.lookup(Roles.COCOON) does of course not work anymore.
> >
> > Why do you need a Cocoon instance? There is nothing you should
> > need to mess
> > around with it.
> >
> OK, you're right, there should be no need....but....
> I just it for performance reasons. I wrote a kind of IncludeTransformer which includes
resources from the sitemap. Instead of getting them using a url and thus sending an http request
from inside the server, my *trick* was to create an own environment for this request, parse
it to the Cocoon instance to process it.
> I know this might not be the way it should, but for my project its the only way it works...
> Now I have to invent another "dirty" trick...

Ok, but what we the end product, an Aggregation system?
I think there is the beginnings of one with the
FragmentExtractorGenerator that will make recursive
sitemap calls for you.