cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: classpath problems with cocoon2
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:50:16 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> This is probably related with what Berin was talking about, but Cocoon2
> doesn't work.
>
> Apart from a URLFactory bug which I just fixed, it seems that no matter
> what I do I either end up having a "sealing" exception from Tomcat (if I
> place everything into /WEB-INF/lib/) or compilation issues with the
> sitemap (if I place everything into CATALINA_HOME/lib/)
>
> I noted one thing: Catalina doesn't add the libraries found in
> CATALINA_HOST/lib/ in the classpath environment passed to the servlet
> contexts.
>
> How does Jasper work, then?
>
> Berin, what servlet engine are you using?

I am using Tomcat 3.2.1 (and <sheepishly>IBM WebSphere</sheepishly>).
IBM WebSphere requires all the jars in CLASSPATH (yuck).  My next solution
is to have a different ServletEngine depending on Servlet 2.2 or Servlet
2.3--Servlet 2.3 engine won't do classloader juggling while Servlet 2.2
will.  That will satisfy both our concerns.

I have not yet seen any clean way around the JAXP 1.1 vs. 1.0 issues.
That is the one thing that is going to keep us from doing one complete
jar.

Temporary solution is to place Xerces in CATALINA_HOST/lib/ as well--
breaking Jasper.