cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: classpath problems with cocoon2
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:58:28 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> This is probably related with what Berin was talking about, but Cocoon2
> doesn't work.
>
> Apart from a URLFactory bug which I just fixed, it seems that no matter
> what I do I either end up having a "sealing" exception from Tomcat (if I
> place everything into /WEB-INF/lib/) or compilation issues with the
> sitemap (if I place everything into CATALINA_HOME/lib/)

Yep .. see previous mail about jaxp.jar and crimson.jar being sealed.
Possible workaround -- replace these two JAR files with xerces.jar from
Xerces 2.0 alpha.  I would appreciate it if people would try this and report
back success or failure.

> I noted one thing: Catalina doesn't add the libraries found in
> CATALINA_HOST/lib/ in the classpath environment passed to the servlet
> contexts.
>
> How does Jasper work, then?

They are added to the "shared" class loader, which is the parent of all web
app class loaders.  There is documentation on how class loaders work in the
developer's documentation on Catalina, or at the following file in the
source repository:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/docs/dev/classloaders.html?rev=1.2&content-type=text/html

> Berin, what servlet engine are you using?
>
> Is anybody working with the latest snapshots from tomcat 4.0 and cocoon2
> or I am the only one?
>
> I'm pretty frustrated by these stupid classpath problems.
>
> --

Craig