cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Running JMeter on Cocoon Samples
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:45:01 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I took the liberty of including the two resulting files from
> XSP generation and File generation.  It is important to note
> that they are the _IDENTICAL_ file
> (/docs/samples/forms/add-department.xsp).

Quick summary of stats:

The file is here:

<xsp:page
          language="java"
          xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"

  <page>

   <title>Add a Department</title>

   <content>
   <form action="process-department" method="POST">
     <input name="process" type="hidden" value="Add"/>
     <input type="submit" value="Add"/>
   </form>
   </content>
  </page>
</xsp:page>

In File reading mode, there was only 5 extra events:
[SetDocumentLocator]
[StartElement] xsp:page
[characters]
[characters]
[EndElement] xsp:page

In XSP generation mode, there are a total of 14 extra events,
all of them are [StartPrefixMapping] and [EndPrefixMapping].

If we can remove all of these extra events, we can remove some of
the bulk of our XSP classes as well.