cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [C2] Warning: Instability with Batik
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:35:26 GMT
When I was testing out Jakarta 3.2.1 with today's CVS of Cocoon,
I was experimenting with the Use-Store option.  The good news is
successive transformations are faster.  The bad news is if I kept
quickly re-requesting the SVG examples, I would crash Tomcat.

I have a feeling that this is because Batik hasn't been optimized
for Server streaming environments.  This problem only occurs with
Batik.  So for production (at least until Batik is more stable in
the server environment), I would pregenerate all images.