cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pluggable URL Factories
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:16:59 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've just released a bunch of changes to get rid of the static getURL method
> from the NetUtil class. I've used the Avalon Context class to pass along the
> data necessary to the components (ServletContext, ClassLoader and
> ContextRoot). I thought that this class is exactly for that purpose (unless
> someone else make me belive the contrary). I'd like you people to have a look
> at it and give your comments about it.
>
> Berin, I've seen you have commited a CocoonURLStreamHandlerFactory class two
> weeks ago. I haven't found if it was really used so I've short cicuit it.
>
> The reason why I'd like to get rid of those static methods is the ability to
> deploy several C2 under different servlet context which probably ISP like to
> do.
>
> My next step will be to free the ClassUtils class from those unsane static
> methods which hinders multiple C2 servlet contexts in one VM.
>
> Flames, suggestions and congrats are welcome :)

Another solution that I am trying to approach is enforce Servlet 2.3 style
classloading on Servlet 2.2 containers.  There are a couple of details that
have to be worked out though.  First of which is instantiating the Cocoon
Object with the created ClassLoader.

BTW, we can get rid of the CocoonURLStreamHandlerFactory class.  It isn't
currently used, and I have had alot of problems with this approach.