cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Burton <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Unit testing.
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:37:28 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Having spent all day upto my arm pits in bits of cocoon, xerces and
> xalan, I've come to the conclusion that tracking down bugs in bits of
> cocoon can be nearly impossible at the moment. How would you guys feel
> about us starting to use JUnit to run unit tests over cocoon? That way
> we can be a lot more confident that we didn't just break something when
> we make a change? The tests can range from checking that a matcher
> matches, to checking that a classloader class loads, to checking that
> the output of a particular pipeline is as expected. I'm very happy to
> help in this respect, and I have minions (eh, boss?) that will put some
> work into developing tests, too. How do you guys feel about this?
>
> Does anyone know whether the IBM Public Licence is APL compatible, or
> would we have to keep JUnit out of the repository?

A small note - didn't the Avalon list seperate their testing code from
the core and put it on Sourceforge?  arrowhead.sourceforge.net IIRC.

Ah - just went there.  Yes, that is the site of the code (Kevin Burton
is the developer) but there is no downloads, no web page, no nothing.
Anyone know what happened?  Did it get dropped?

Apart from that, +1 for the tests.

Ross Burton