cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: debug level
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 13:41:33 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > > Before I start digging through the code...
> > > Where can I set the logger verbosity?
> > > Is there a servlet parameter?
> >
> > The servlet parameter is called "log-level"
> > Valid levels are:
> >
> > DEBUG
> > INFO
> > WARN
> > ERROR
> > FATAL_ERROR
> >
> > Of course I am assuming you are refering to Cocoon 2?
>
> Sorry - yes, meant C2 ;)
>
> How can I combine them? Comma separated: DEBUG,INFO,ERROR?

Combine them?  It is a level or above approach.  What you
are setting is the minimum log level.  DEBUG gives you all
the messages (and there are plenty).  INFO gives you interesting
ones and performance logging.  WARN gives you some potential
problems, ERROR gives you problems with your pages, and very
few things are FATAL_ERROR.