cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Latest CVS does not build.
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:51:49 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> * Sam Ruby (rubys@us.ibm.com) wrote :
> > Paul Russell wrote:
> > > Method getDOMImplementation() not found in class
> > > javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.
> > Hmm.  That method appears to be in the Xerces implementation of JAXP, but
> > not in the standard
>
> Hrm. Strange. Maybe the Xerces guys know something I don't. I was
> working off the propsed standard, I must admit. What I don't quite
> follow is that presumably this did compile for the person who committed
> it, yet it didn't for me, which is weird.

You know, I have been batting 1000 yesterday.  Have any of you had a
day where you got alot done, but arrive the next day to find out you
screwed up?  The code compiled and worked under Xerces 1.3--but due
to some issues brought up, and the fact that it didn't handle &#160;
correctly, I backed to Xerces 1.2.3.  I tested it (but didn't recompile
it), and everything worked well.

Really, I would love to get rid of the DOM related stuff, as everything
in Cocoon uses SAX--Except for the Slides demo.  My whole intention is
to get to a point where the XML parser can be any JAXP compliant parser--not
necessarily one that implements both DOM and SAX, but at least the SAX 2
parser.

I need a second look at the standard....