cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Xalan 2.0.0 breaks Cocoon2
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 15:45:31 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >
> > Using the current CVS version of C2 (which includes Xalan 2.0.0) we are having the
following problem: Certain pipelines defined in C2 will hang for a fixed period (e.g. 5 minutes)
before completing. We have certain pipelines where this _always_ happens and others where
this only happens on occasion.

> > This also can be reproduced in cocoon itself by calling the error page example in
the distribution. This also hangs.

> > If we replace Xalan 2.0.0 with the Xalan 2.0.d07 version then everything is fine!
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> This happens when Xalan finds an error in the input XML.  It is either
> throwing some exception that is never caught, or it is just sitting
> there.  Someone who has a subscription to the Xalan list, could you
> propogate this to the Xalan list?  (I am already subscribed to 8 lists,
> and any more will make my job even harder)

It seems that when the SAXParseException is caught (and it is), that Xalan
wants to try again and again until it can't anymore.  Will check to see if
there is an option.