cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] wierd error on start up with a recent CVS checkout
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:22:35 GMT
dima wrote:

>  Hi everyone,
>
>  Although having successfully complied a very recent copy of C2 from CVS,
> I seem to be getting a really weird error (at least to me) when trying to
> get it going with Tomcat-4.0-b1.
>
>  If not anything else, I am very curious what does it actually mean.
> I have absolutely no idea how could CocoonServlet being an HttpServlet
> throw a ClassCastExpection. Or is it maybe a Tomcat problem?

Try rebuilding Cocoon 2 but with the following changes:

Remove the Servlet.jar from the cocoon distribution.
Replace it with Tomcat 4's version.
Rebuild

Hopefully this will fix it.  Tomcat 4.x series is a Servlet 2.3 compliant
server, so make sure that it uses the correct servlet jar.  Cocoon already
has classes that work with Servlet 2.3--but they don't get compiled
unless the jar is in Ant's classpath.

Also, make sure that the Servlet_2_2.jar file is NOT included in the
WEB-INF/lib directory.