cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] SVG support dead?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:15:58 GMT
* Ross Burton (ross@itzinteractive.com) wrote :
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Paul Russell wrote:
> > Hi all (and Ross in particular if he's up!),
> Of course I'm up - I live in London too, guv.  :-)

You do? D'oh. Should meet up for a drink some time...

> > There seems to be a problem in the latest C2 CVS with the SVGSerializer.
> > It doesn't seem to be receiving the parameters from the sitemap
> > configuration, and therefore is not able to find its transcoder. I'm
> > looking into it now, but could do with confirmation that others are
> > having the same problem? Ross: any ideas?

Ahem. User Error, replace user. I've just tracked it down to tomcat not
unpacking the cocoon webapp from its .war. Sorry about that :/

> Well... I've just done a cvs update to ensure I've got the latest updates,
> and there is nothing which needs to be committed.  However, now C2 won't
> run!  Catalina barfs with this error:
> 2001-02-23 13:49:40 StandardHost[localhost]: Deploying web application at
> context path /cocoon from URL jar:file:/home/users/ross/work/Programming/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b1/webapps/cocoon.war!/
> 2001-02-23 13:49:42 StandardHost[localhost]: ContainerBase.addChild:
> start: LifecycleException:  start: :  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addRepositoryInternal:
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
> I've tried several times now and still no joy!  Argh! And I have to be 70
> miles away in 2 hours! Argh!  All of the jar files open fine using jar.

Hrm. Looks painful. I'm using tomcat 3.2, and haven't seen any problems.

> But I really must go - I am home to read my mails on what was supposed to
> be a flying visit, and now I must dash.

Heh! Have fun.

Thanks Ross,

Paul.