cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] [Vote] Content aggregation implementaiton
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:52:06 GMT
Dims,

* Davanum Srinivas (dims@yahoo.com) wrote :
> Can you please post URL's to the e-mail(s) that you are refering to? Here's the archive
that i
> regularly use (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&r=1&w=2).

Certainly,

Stefano's initial RT.
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=98205774411049&w=2

We also discussed moving to a cocoon specific include mechanism for
in-pipeline includes and aggregation, which led to discussions over
whether to use xpointer (which potentially involves implementing rather
more functionality than we need), or whether to use a separate attribute
to specify which nodes to include from the external document. Although
I am not proposing implementing this as part of the first round, the
tail end of this discussion is at:

Discussions of XPath
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=98278637414197&w=2

Just to outline what I'm talking about implementing:

 * Cocoon include (as per recent discussion) 'pipe' between each stage
   of the pipeline (in ResourcePipeline).
 * Modification to ResourcePipeline to allow access to pre-serialization
   SAX events. This will involve splitting the pre and post
   serialization logic and refactoring.
 * Modification to sitemap logicsheet to allow access to
   pre-serialization SAX events. Again, this is likely to involve
   splitting pre and post serialization access to the pipeline.

Things to note:

 * I will _not_ initially implement any XPath functionality in the
   cocoon include pipe.
 * The cocoon include pipe will _not_ be caching aware yet. Future
   modifications will need to be made as the caching infrastructure
   comes live.
 * Initially, you will only be able to include content from inside the
   sitemap. This will mean wrapping external includes in a suitable
   generator.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask, as always.

Paul