cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Contribution: session tracking for Cocoon 2
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:19:46 GMT
Jörg,

Checked in your code and samples.

1. Can you please make sure that everything is checked in and works as intended?
2. Can you please modify your doc to reflect the current CVS. Basically get rid of the steps
like
modifying the session.xsl and the java code. Then i can add it to the docs.

If you have any updates/changes. **Please** submit cvs diff's

Thanks,
dims

--- Jörg Prante <joerg@7val.com> wrote:

> [...]
with
> an
>          attribute <code>href</code> which is enough for most of the cases.
>          Other methods, like XLink, are planned to be supported at a later time when
>          final W3C recommendations are out.
>
>          </s2>
>
>          <s2 title="Creating new sessions">
>          The best place of a web site where new sessions should be created is the entry
point
>          where all or most of the visitors step in. After creating the session, or
>          retrieving an old session, the visitor is redirected to a start page.
>          In Cocoon, you must edit your sitemap in order to
>          specify this interesting point of session creation.
>          The <code>map-redirect-to</code>
>          has an extra attribute <code>session</code>, which can be set to
<code>true</code>
>          or <code>false</code>. The former will generate a new session ID
if needed
>          by invoking the Servlet API method <code>session = request.getSession(true)</code>,
>          while the latter ignores session ID handling.

>          How can Cocoon recognize URIs with appended session IDs? The answer is:
>          Cocoon can match a wildcard against your sessionized pages and keeps happy.
>          So please do not forget to append an asterisk '*' to your patterns in the pipelines.

>          This fragment from <code>sitemap.xsl</code> shows how you can add
>          <code>map:redirect-to</code> to
>          your Cocoon framework with session handling at the root URL for your
>          web application:
>
> <source><![CDATA[
>
>  <map:pipelines>
>   <map:pipeline>
>
>    <map:match pattern="">
>      <map:redirect-to session="true" uri="welcome"/>
>    </map:match>
>
>    <map:match pattern="welcome*">
>     <map:generate type="file" src="site/welcome.xml"/>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/welcome.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
>
>    <map:match pattern="**.xsp*">
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="site/{1}.xsp"/>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/dynamic-page2html.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
> ]]></source>

>            The following code must be present in the <code>sitemap.xsl</code>
file to support
>            the extra session parameter for <code>map:redirect-to</code>.
>

> <source><![CDATA[
>   <!-- generate the code to redirect a request -->
>   <xsl:template match="map:redirect-to">
>     <xsl:choose>
>
>       <!-- redirect to a internal resource definition -->
>       <xsl:when test="@resource">
>         if(true)return resource_<xsl:value-of select="translate(@resource, '- ',
> '__')"/>(pipeline, listOfMaps, environment, cocoon_view);
>       </xsl:when>
>
>       <!-- redirect to a external resource definition with optional session mode attribute.
Let
> the environment do the redirect -->
>       <xsl:when test="@uri">
>         <xsl:variable name="sess">
>           <xsl:choose>
>             <xsl:when test="@session='yes'">true</xsl:when>
>             <xsl:when test="@session='true'">true</xsl:when>
>             <xsl:when test="@session='no'">false</xsl:when>
>             <xsl:when test="@session='false'">false</xsl:when>
>             <xsl:when test="not(@session)">false</xsl:when>
>           </xsl:choose>
>         </xsl:variable>
>         getLogger().debug("Sitemap: session='<xsl:value-of select="$sess"/>', redirecting
> '<xsl:value-of select="@uri"/>'");
>         environment.redirect (<xsl:value-of select="$sess"/>, substitute(listOfMaps,
> "<xsl:value-of

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI