cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [C2] Regression in classpath generation -- Someone take a look at this please
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:22:06 GMT
* Robert Marcano (robmv@promca.com) wrote :
> Reading old code, i noticed that
> src/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/CocoonServlet 1.1.4.50 and
> webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml 1.1.2.12 added the same attribute (using the same
> name that i used - big conincidence) and this change was lost. Was this
> a decission to remove it or was a mistake?

We changed the way classes are loaded in Cocoon by using a custom
classloader. I *thought* this was working these days. Are you using the
latest CVS? If it is broken, I should run into the same problem some
time this afternoon.

The reason we're moving away from the classpath attribute is that we
don't actually know the attribute for all servlet engines, and it's not
portable. In theory, the new code should work across nearly all servlet
engines. Roll on SRV2.3.

Paul.