cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com>
Subject Re: Normalizing xsp uri namespaces
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:08:43 GMT
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:42:32 +0100
Giacomo Pati <giacomo@apache.org> wrote:
> Another issue raised into my head is if we should take the targeted
> language
> into the namespace url?
>
> 1) http://apache.org/xsp/esql/java/2.0
> 2) http://apache.org/xsp/esql/perl/2.0

If both implementations define the same syntax (the same tags and
attributes with the same behaviour) in my opinion they shouldn't differ in
namespace.

The editor (i.e. the one who writes XSP pages or stylesheets)
won't/shoudn't care about the language of the XSP processor of a system.
In addition this would make it possible to exchange the editors work
between systems using different target languages.

(Besides, this would put some (little) preasure on the logicsheet
designers to keep there design clear and documented, so that different
implementations stay in sync. ;-)

Just my humble opinion!
Conny Krappatsch

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com