cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <>
Subject Re: [C2] Running JMeter on Cocoon Samples
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:49:33 GMT
* Berin Loritsch ( wrote :
> I discovered something incredible.  The XSP system is our major
> performance sink-hole.  This I find to be amazing.

> I have my suspiscions as to where the problems may lie: Class
> validation (is it current?) and sending too many namespace events.  I
> am going to try running reading a normal file through the
> LogTransformer, and then an XSP file through the same LogTransformer.
> I have a feeling that those two areas are are major performance
> bottlenecks.

Interestingly, we discovered something similar a long time ago in
Luminas. Probably because we are *very* heavy on namespaces (a lot of
our pages have 10-15 namespaces floating around in them). The current
XSP implementation does an awful lot of prefix mapping changes. In fact,
we discovered that in a number of instances, _over half_ of the
generated code was concerned with adding and removing prefix mappings.
This is clearly not sensible. I'm not yet sure how to avoid this - I
think we may have to use extension functions to keep track of which
namespaces we've already defined.

Paul Russell                                 Email:
This is not an official statement or order.    Web:

View raw message