cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Schroeder <mschroe...@rationalizer.com>
Subject Re: compliation error
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:13:19 GMT
On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 10:06:50AM -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Markus Schroeder wrote:

> > > why in the world do you try to compile it this way instead of using the
> > > ant build scripts? they're significantly faster and help you avoid
> > > classpath issues like the ones you ran into. *sigh*
> > >
> > > - donald
> >
> > The reason is that i want to make a MAKEFILE first cause i dont have any
> > exp. with ANT yet but i'll take a closer look to ANT soon !
>
> What's there to experience.  Just type "build webapp" and the magic
> starts.  The docs for Ant are excellent, and it is alot easier to
> understand than a Makefile.
>
> What are you trying to build that you need Cocoon for compilatrion?

I need to recompile coocon.jar cause we want to add our own processor
to cocoon .... and we r always looking for bugs in cocoon !
And so it's important that we r able to rebuild cocoon if needed.

And about ANT i don't say it was hard to learn how to use ANT but i don't
found the time to take a look at it yet.
But at the mom it's easier for me to use the hard way an write a
MAKEFILE before i can create a ANT install script which will do
all the same steps we need =)

--
Schroeder, Markus
mschroeder@rationalizer.com