cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <>
Subject Re: generate and additional xpath
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 13:23:35 GMT
* Torsten Curdt ( wrote :
> Yepp... another victim got hit by the syndrome ;)

> But do really think the creation of a DOM is needed? I'm not that into
> SAX but couldn't we just create the events for the xpath prefix?
> So we would get a tree structured like this (for example):
> <page>
>   <title>
> <page>
> <page>
>    <content>
>    </content>
> </page>
> <page>
>    <content>
>    </content>
> </page>

Sadly, that's not a valid XML document, so wouldn't cut the mustard.
SAX literally streams the document; there is no facility for inserting
nodes after the event. There *may* be a way of doing it under SAX, but
that would require an event driven XPath engine, and I'm not sure one is
available, yet.

> Don't know if it is really useful...
> ...just some idle thought ;)

Heh. It's certainly worth considering, yes. I think it's time I sent out
a summing up of all of these ideas and got on with getting votes and
then implementing. I've been really busy again recently, which has got
in the way (grr).

Paul Russell                                 Email:
This is not an official statement or order.    Web:

View raw message