cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: generate and additional xpath
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 13:23:35 GMT
* Torsten Curdt (tcurdt@dff.st) wrote :
> Yepp... another victim got hit by the syndrome ;)

Hehe.

> But do really think the creation of a DOM is needed? I'm not that into
> SAX but couldn't we just create the events for the xpath prefix?
> So we would get a tree structured like this (for example):
> <page>
>   <title>
> <page>
> <page>
>    <content>
>    </content>
> </page>
> <page>
>    <content>
>    </content>
> </page>

Sadly, that's not a valid XML document, so wouldn't cut the mustard.
SAX literally streams the document; there is no facility for inserting
nodes after the event. There *may* be a way of doing it under SAX, but
that would require an event driven XPath engine, and I'm not sure one is
available, yet.

> Don't know if it is really useful...
> ...just some idle thought ;)

Heh. It's certainly worth considering, yes. I think it's time I sent out
a summing up of all of these ideas and got on with getting votes and
then implementing. I've been really busy again recently, which has got
in the way (grr).

P.