cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: generate and additional xpath
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 11:55:07 GMT
* Torsten Curdt (tcurdt@dff.st) wrote :
>    <map:match pattern="content">
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="page.xml"/>
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="content1.xml" xpath="page/content"/>
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="content2.xml" xpath="page/content"/>
>     <map:transform src="xml2html.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
> Is this possible and even useful?
> What do you guys think?

Hmm. It's *possible*, but the only way I know of to achieve it at the
moment is to collate the output of the first generator into a DOM
document, and then use XPathAPI to select the relevent nodes and then
use the node import funcitonality from DOM to pull the nodes from the
DOM trees of the other generators. It would work (I think), but it'd be
slow. Do you *really* need this, or is it flexibility syndrome since you
could achieve the same by just sticking a transformer after the
generator?

Dunno.

P.