cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SAXON and Cocoon 2
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 18:03:41 GMT
Berin, Conny,

Looked at this issue a bit deeper. XSLTFactoryLoader acts like a gateway to the following
classes:
- RegexpTargetHostMatcherFactory.java
- RegexpURIMatcherFactory.java
- WildcardURIMatcherFactory.java
- BrowserSelectorFactory.java
- CodedSelectorFactory.java

One sample entry point in XSLTFactoryLoader is getClassSource:
 public String getClassSource(String className, String prefix, String pattern, NodeIterator
conf)

The problem is that SAXON does not allow NodeIterator's. But they do allow NodeList's. So
if
someone has a bit more time....But i did send an e-mail to mike about supporting NodeIterator's.

Thanks,
dims

--- Conny Krappatsch <conny@smb-tec.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Feb 2001 15:44:21 -0500
> Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> > Is anyone planning on getting SAXON to work with Cocoon 2?
> > My feeble attempts have all failed.  SAXON is supposed to be
> > jaxp compliant, and all the examples I have seen from the
> > SAXON archive are pretty much the same as for Xalan 2.
> >
> > SAXON is a little faster than Xalan 2 right now, so I wanted
> > to give it a shot.
>
> After a first try with Saxon and a quick look at the sitemap code it looks
> like the sitemap is based on some Xalan specific extensions, e.g. in
> sitemap.xsl line 25:
>
> <xsl:variable name="factory-loader"
> select="java:org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.XSLTFactoryLoader.new()"/>
>
> For some reason this causes Saxon to throw a
> TransformerConfigurationException at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.Logicsheet line 89. The
> exception is catched and causes a NullPointerException at line 91 (maybe
> the log writer isn't inititalized).
>
> If Saxon is stable and fast (which it seems to be) it would be great to
> have it as Xalan alternative.
>
> regards,
> Conny
>
> --