cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject [C2] Unit testing.
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 17:42:33 GMT
Guys,

Having spent all day upto my arm pits in bits of cocoon, xerces and
xalan, I've come to the conclusion that tracking down bugs in bits of
cocoon can be nearly impossible at the moment. How would you guys feel
about us starting to use JUnit to run unit tests over cocoon? That way
we can be a lot more confident that we didn't just break something when
we make a change? The tests can range from checking that a matcher
matches, to checking that a classloader class loads, to checking that
the output of a particular pipeline is as expected. I'm very happy to
help in this respect, and I have minions (eh, boss?) that will put some
work into developing tests, too. How do you guys feel about this?

Does anyone know whether the IBM Public Licence is APL compatible, or
would we have to keep JUnit out of the repository?

P.