cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com>
Subject Re: SAXON and Cocoon 2
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:58:11 GMT
On Tue, 06 Feb 2001 15:44:21 -0500
Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> Is anyone planning on getting SAXON to work with Cocoon 2?
> My feeble attempts have all failed.  SAXON is supposed to be
> jaxp compliant, and all the examples I have seen from the
> SAXON archive are pretty much the same as for Xalan 2.
>
> SAXON is a little faster than Xalan 2 right now, so I wanted
> to give it a shot.

After a first try with Saxon and a quick look at the sitemap code it looks
like the sitemap is based on some Xalan specific extensions, e.g. in
sitemap.xsl line 25:

<xsl:variable name="factory-loader"
select="java:org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.XSLTFactoryLoader.new()"/>

For some reason this causes Saxon to throw a
TransformerConfigurationException at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.Logicsheet line 89. The
exception is catched and causes a NullPointerException at line 91 (maybe
the log writer isn't inititalized).

If Saxon is stable and fast (which it seems to be) it would be great to
have it as Xalan alternative.

regards,
Conny

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com