cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com>
Subject Re: question regarding namespaces and xsp
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 08:20:15 GMT

Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> <xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp">
>   <myxsp:page xmlns:myxsp="http://apache.org/xsp">
>     <myxsp:logic/>
>   </myxsp:page>
> </xsp:page>

I found nothing in the spec. that forbids it. Within the <myxsp:page>
element the prefixes 'xsp' and 'myxsp' are bound to the same namespace,
there shouldn't be a problem with this.

Donald Ball wrote:
> <xsl:template match="xsp:page/*[not(starts-with(name(.),'xsp:'))]">

I think, this is what you're looking for:

<xsl:template match="xsp:page/*[not self::xsp:*]">

Thus, the resolving of 'xsp' is done by the XSLT engine and it doesn't
matter which prefix the 'stylesheeted' document uses (at least if Cocoon
wouldn't care).

BTW: We use this template to place variable declarations at the beginning
of the populateDocument method of some XSP pages.

Conny

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com