cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Prante <jo...@7val.com>
Subject Re: [C2][Xalan2] Xalan2J problems under heavy load using Apache JMeter
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:44:12 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> > Scott, Xalan2J Team,
>
> Can you please take a look at the stack trace(s) in the enclosed file. This
> log was created by running Apache JMeter against the C2, Xerces1.3.0 and
> Xalan2J all compiled fresh from CVS. All this happened under extremely
> heavy load against the same URL served by C2. It's easy to reproduce the
> problem using C2 but very difficult to come up with a stripped down sample.

I use almost the same configuration: it's a combination of C2 from CVS,
Xerces1.2.3, and Xalan2J from C2 CVS. There need not to be heavy load to
produce this sporadic exception, it also appears on my single-user local
development environment:

	at org.apache.xml.utils.NodeVector.popAndTop(NodeVector.java:234)
	at org.apache.xml.utils.DOMBuilder.endElement(DOMBuilder.java:378)
	at
org.apache.xalan.stree.StreeDOMBuilder.endElement(StreeDOMBuilder.java:240)
	at
org.apache.xalan.stree.SourceTreeHandler.endElement(SourceTreeHandler.java:550)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.ContentHandlerWrapper.endElement(ContentHandlerWrapper.java:145)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.generate(ServerPagesGenerator.java:161)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ResourcePipeline.process(ResourcePipeline.java:201)
[...]

I'm sorry but I'm unable to reproduce it because it's a sporadic exception.

Strange effect: C2 delivers out HTML and completes, but then C2 decides to
append a Cocoon error report page (including the stack trace message above)
to the HTML page, which both appear in the browser on the same page. Looks
funny if you ask me.

I hope you can trace it down more easily with this additional report. For a
complete trace, please have a look at the enclosed file. Note: After making
the C2 XSP pages smaller by hand, and retrying the XSP compilation, Xalan2
calms down and the exception disappeared.

Jörg

--
Jörg Prante
Sevenval AG (HRB 32757) e-business marketing technologies