cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] XSP and apects (was: log performance penalties)
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:54:24 GMT
 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> [...]
<snip/>

> > thing for different forms, longing for XSP actions, feeling locked in by
> > proprietary sitemap.  Just the usual $0.02 worth in other words).
>
> I don't follow cocoon-users and I believe that placing a rant on
> cocoon-users is totally meaningless.
>
> Cocoon was not designed with webapps in mind, admittely, not even Cocoon2
> so far and the 'action proposal' is not enough thought out to represent a
> clear design (even Giacomo agrees with me on this).

Unfortunetly, yes, I do agree :/
I haven't come to a better solution and all other proposals (thanks for them
all) will polute the sitemap with too much semantics IMHO. Semantics which is
too much programatic to make it into the sitemap (for now). That's why I
haven't agreed (most silently) with the proposers of additional stuff on the
action proposal. We still have a lot to think about it. As proposer (and
implementor) of the Action proposal into C2 I use it for web apps and I've
seen that you can come up with easy solutions but you'll need additional
layers which supports your Action coding (ie. access layers like Castor).

Giacomo