cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Parameters for generators
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:38:32 GMT
Klaasen Tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup a pipeline in the sitemap that allows to get different
> XML documents depending on the language. Each document exists in several
> languages, and I want to get the one specified by the language entry in
> e.g. a cookie.
>
> My idea to proceed was something like this:
>
>    <map:match pattern="mydoc.html">
>  	<map:act type="lang_select">
> 		<map:generate type="slide" src="mydoc.xml">
> 			<language map:value="{lang}"/>

Have you tried using

  <parameter name="language" value="{lang}"/>

I'm quite sure the sitemap engine will replaces value attribute of parameters
with variables. I'm not sure if the syntax you are using (<language
map:value="{lang}"/> is still valid (it will be parsed but no replacement
takes place) because it had a FIXME from myself noting that it might be old
syntax.

I've committed a patch that fixes that but want to hear if the syntax Tom has
used is still somthing you all would like to further support.

Giacomo