cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: DTD PUBLIC ID resolution
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:03:43 GMT
Back in July/August 2000 there was a small discussion
on this list about XML Public Identifier resolution.

There is a very good article by Norm Walsh explaining the
importance of using an SGML Open Catalog (OASIS Catalog)
for resolving Public Identifiers to local file copies
of the relevant DTDs and other entities.

This document also provides access to Java classes for
implementing catalogs for entity management. The Cocoon
administrator at each server should be able to add new
entries to their XML catalog.

www.arbortext.com/Think_Tank/XML_Resources/Issue_Three/issue_three.html
www.oasis-open.org/cover/topics.html#fpi-fsi

regards, David Crossley