cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Pluggable URL Factories
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:53:57 GMT
Hi all

I've just released a bunch of changes to get rid of the static getURL method
from the NetUtil class. I've used the Avalon Context class to pass along the
data necessary to the components (ServletContext, ClassLoader and
ContextRoot). I thought that this class is exactly for that purpose (unless
someone else make me belive the contrary). I'd like you people to have a look
at it and give your comments about it.

Berin, I've seen you have commited a CocoonURLStreamHandlerFactory class two
weeks ago. I haven't found if it was really used so I've short cicuit it.

The reason why I'd like to get rid of those static methods is the ability to
deploy several C2 under different servlet context which probably ISP like to
do.

My next step will be to free the ClassUtils class from those unsane static
methods which hinders multiple C2 servlet contexts in one VM.

Flames, suggestions and congrats are welcome :)

Giacomo