cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] build problem with servlet 2.3
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2001 14:12:35 GMT
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

So what would make the MaybeUploadRequestWrapper an Abstract class
as opposed to a concrete class with the addition of Servlet 2.3?

Who knows what _practically_ changed between the two servlets?  Are there
new methods that are not implemented?  If this is the case, I will contact
the
MaybeUpload team, and apply a patch to the sourcecode.

Speaking of which--would it be more beneficial to everyone if we included
the sourcecode to MaybeUpload instead of the jar?  With the license it is
possible as long as the source files retain the license information in their
headers.

I think this may be the best for both teams as we will be able to submit
patches
quicker with more exposure.

----- Original Message -----
From: Colin Britton <cbritton@centervilletech.com>
To: Cocoon-Dev@Xml.Apache.Org (E-mail) <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 5:20 PM
Subject: [C2] build problem with servlet 2.3

Just tried building C2 with Servlet 2.3 instead of 2.2 and get the
following build error.

    [javac]
D:\xml_technology\cocoon2\xml-cocoon\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\
servlet\CocoonServlet.java:264: class
uk.co.weft.maybeupload.MaybeUploadRequestWrapper is an abstract class.
It can't be instantiated.
    [javac]                 req = new MaybeUploadRequestWrapper(request,

rgds
CB