cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From " Stefano Mazzocchi" <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Recusive Sitemap Calling
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:24:02 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@sundn.de>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 9:25 AM
Subject: AW: [C2] Recusive Sitemap Calling

> > Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org] wrote:
> > I have added some code that makes recursive sitemap calling possible.
> > It consists of two phases:
> >
> > 1) All serverpages are directly accessible via the Roles.SERVERPAGES
> >    ComponentSelector.
> >
> > 2) When the ProgramGenerator creates the Root Sitemap, it places the
> >    sitemap via it's NormalizedName as well as the alias "sitemap".
> >
> > In order to get a request for the sitemap, you do this:
> > ComponentSelector serverpages = (ComponentSelector)
> > manager.lookup(Roles.SERVERPAGES);
> >
> > Sitemap sitemap = (Sitemap) serverpages.lookup("sitemap");
> >
> > sitemap.process(....);
> Again, great work Berin. Now my problems with this are solved (a little
bit egoistic - i know).

Oh, don't feel bad about it: the beauty of open development is that your
sellfishness becomes everyone's sooner or later. This is why when you use an
openly developped project there is a very high chance of finding what you
need.

On the other hand, in many close developped applications, there is a high
chance of *missing* a feature you'd really die for.

Sure, FS is just around the corner in open development, but it rarely turns
into 'feature bloat' since you really need to care for it to make it happen.

So, don't be shy to be egoistic, it's our collective power :)

Stefano.