cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cocoon 1 static rendering using Ant
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:04:27 GMT
At 1:19 PM -0500 1/24/01, Sam Ruby wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>> I just wrote a simple class for adapting Cocoon1 to the "Style"
>> task of Ant 1.2.
>
>Sounds positively perverse..

Ha!

>> I can now batch render static files from Cocoon1!
>
>... the funniest thing is that it and actually sounds useful too...

I wrote it for my students ... but I'll use it for bits and peices too ...

>> I have offered the class to the Ant Project, I have no idea if
>> they will take it. If this would be useful to anyone, please
>> let me know and I will happily send you a copy.

>My only concern is whether cocoon1 is being maintained or deprecated at
>this point.
>
>There have been changes to turbine and fop which affect cocoon1 that nobody
>appears to be looking into.

Cocoon 1 is in relatively heavy use IMHO, regardless of the issues you raise.
It is being maintained and has not been officially deprecated.
There have been two release versions in the last two weeks ;)

Anyway, if you think it is too perverse to add, I will not be offended ;)

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre