cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Tagunov Anthony" <atagu...@nnt.ru>
Subject Re: [C2]: Proposal for caching
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:17:20 GMT
On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:45:33 +0300, Tagunov Anthony wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:08:13 +0000, Sergio Carvalho wrote:
>
>>> 6. Identifying if the cache contains the response (or the most static part
>>>    of it) can be done by a unique key. The Cacheable interface implements
>>>    a getKey() method. The keys of all Cacheable components are chained together
>>>    and build the unique key for the cache.
>>-1. If Stuart is right, and transformers' output depends only on their input, then
you just need to check the inputs, and you just need to cache the final
output.
>Please excuse my boldness, but those that are dinamic transformes also should be quired.

>[RT]: maybe the component is static or dinamic not judging by isDinamic(), but have some
>label interface Dinamic (actually empty) and for components that are]
>instanceof Dinamic perform the query?

So getKey() might be a method of Dinamic interface.
And getValidator() also might becom a member of the Dinamic interface?

Hmm.. intresting thing.. looks like even the XSLT processor, if it get access to
request parameters, cookies and http headers as it did for C1 becomes dinamic in
this sence and should return getKey()!!

Tricky but I think this would be even beautifull!

(Or we could regturn getKey()== null if are not actually dinamic.)

Again Tagunov Anthony