cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Tagunov Anthony" <>
Subject Re: ESQL taglib
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:59:44 GMT
Hi, guys!

Yes, there's need in using CallableStatement. It's one of the reasons we
use non-standart esql.xsl.

WE DO NEED TO CALL these stored procedures from the database.
They "query" looks something like {Some_Procedure}. It may have
parameters. It returns resultset quite as an ordinary query would.

In our case we use a simpliest query possible without parameters
(our db has not got proper autoincrement fields, but we could manage
it via a store procedure: first invoke thing proc and obtain a unique
id  and the make an insert. But of course the strored procedures are
able of doing much more then that.

Best regards, Tagunov Anthony

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:31:10 +0000, Werner Guttmann wrote:

>CallableStatements are used to execute stored procedures in JDBC. They are
>very similar to PreparedStatements with regards to how they are being
>initialised and invoked (incl. the parameter binding).
>The main difference is that ...
>- the code of the stored procedure normally resides on the db server, and
>actually can be written in a language of choice, e.g. Java, Pro*SQL
>(Oracle), etc.
>- no SQL String is being passed to the db server during instantiation of the
>Donald Ball wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, [iso-8859-1] MORŠ°VEK Peter wrote:
>> > Is here someone who is implementing CallableStatements into the esql
>> > taglibrary, so I do not make it on my own, and then replacing with the
>> > default behaviour ?
>> i've never had the need to use them, but i'm interested in helping add
>> them. how are they typically used in JDBC?
>> - donald

View raw message