cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: [C2] The whole picture
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 06:00:17 GMT
On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Conny Krappatsch wrote:

> could somebody of the C2 decision makers/developers draw the whole picture
> of Cocoon 2, I mean what will be the main task of Cocoon 2, what will be
> the limits and how will/could it work together with other technologies
> (where will be room for other technologies)?

put simply, i'd say that c2 does two jobs:

1. handles the mapping from urlspace to content

2. helps transform content from structure designed for editing and
mananging to structure designed for viewing

the biggest thing i think cocoon lacks is a content management system. i
don't know that a cms is necessarily appropriate as part of cocoon, but it
would be nice to have one that complemented it.

- donald