cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <>
Subject Re: [vote] Release Cocoon 1.8.2?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:40:39 GMT
On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Paul Russell wrote:

> * Robin Green ( wrote :
> > Reasons:
> > * I again forgot to build with all the jars so optional classes were
> > dropped; I WILL do it right this time!! :)
> > * There was an accidental JDK1.2 dependency which was fixed.
> > (After the release I will do the xerces/xalan upgrade stuff.)
> Providing you're sure that we'll have a month or so before the next one,
> that's A-OK by me. Any outstanding issues?

why would that matter? release early, release often. i see nothing wrong
with that mantra. it's much easier than sending users to cvs (which
they're too often scared of for some reason) to get new stuff. just so
long as we make it clear when an upgrade is strongly recommended for
performance or security reasons, or involves some amount of manual upgrade
work, i don't have any problem with releasing new versions more frequently
than we have. i think we should push 1.8.2 out now to correct these two
errors and then release 1.8.3 whenever we feel like - be it next week or
next month.

- donald

View raw message