cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: esql logicsheet broken?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:07:01 GMT
On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Robin Green wrote:

> Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> >Allan Erskine wrote:
> >
> >>the esql logic sheet doesn't seem to be using Berin's DataSource
> >>components anymore - is this intentional?
>
> >I sure hope not!  I will vote to DEMAND the rollback immediately.  I
> >understand
> >that the author wants to maintain one codebase.  I have no problem with
> >that.
> >I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IGNORING HOW COCOON 2 DEFINES AND USES
> >DATASOURCES!!!!
> >Cocoon 2 DOES NOT USE TURBINE!!!!  It should NOT have code that uses
> >turbine
> >AT ALL.
> >
> >Donald Ball, PLEASE FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.
>
> It looks as though Donald accidentally didn't read your previous msgs on
> this subject. I already know he is not getting commit messages. This is the
> second time he just plain overwrote your changes, obliviously! Donald,
> ensure you are subscribed to cocoon-cvs@xml.apache.org, and please try and
> stay in touch with cocoon-dev goings-on or you are just going to really piss
> people off. And Donald, I hope you got my other complaint message sent to
> cocoon-dev and xsp-dev, about new xsp tag.

I've got a couple of things to say:

1. it appears that when i first subscribed, back in the stone ages, the
old mailing list software decided to force me to subscribe to cocoon-dev,
and cocoon-cvs by extension, as balld@oldhostname.webslingerZ.com.
recently, oldhostname went away, and i've apparantly been missing out on
everything on cocoon-dev and cocoon-cvs since then. boo, hiss. i didn't
really realize anything was wrong until my recent commits didn't result in
cocoon-cvs emails - i just thought that everyone was taking a nice loooong
winter vacation.

2. i don't respond well to demands, and i don't respond well to shouting.
most people don't. it might have been nice to send me a personal message
saying donald, what is this, why are you ignoring me, instead of exploding
in public. now you've put me on the defensive, and i don't appreciate
that.

- donald