cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: Status of XMLCompiler - Please vote...
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:02:41 GMT
Hi,

sorry, but I don't give up on this easy, so again:

The ozone projects uses the XMLCompiler, DB Prism will use it,
we will use it in our sunShine product, and I believe, there are
some others, which didn't came up with a response on this list,
who are using the XMLCompiler as well.

So again my question, why not integration it into C2?
Or we can make an proposal to Avalon or Xerces to integrate it.

I think, it doesn't make sense, that a lot of products have
their own version of the XMLCompiler. You can call it a
'maintainance nightmare'. And the further development of the
XMLCompiler is nearly impossible as it is spreaded around the
world.

Integrating the XMLCompiler doesn't hurt at all as no existing
component is affect, no interface has to change - simply nothing,
just adding classes.
But it would add a lot of value to C2.

So my vote for integrating XMLCompiler is
+100000

And YOU?

(OK, I know, I can't start a vote - but it's worth trying...)

Carsten