cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: Status of XMLCompiler - Please vote...
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:26:19 GMT
> Paul Russell wrote:
> Yep, agreed, although shouldn't the FileGenerator caching be done by the
> normal caching system? Rather than tying in something at a lower level?
This is not an easy question! Why not having both? Other components (XalanTransformer)
do it already and the low level implementation would speed up things, especially
in cases where the content is highly dynamic and incorporated by transformers.
In thoses cases would the general caching algorithm fail, but the low level
ones would speed this up.

> I'd rather see XMLCompiler integrated by having it as *one of a number*
> of potential XML, um, 'transcoders' (thanks batik) usable within the
> caching infrastructure. We've already had one offer of help with the
> caching architecture -- would you be interested in teaming up on this?

Yes of course, I would. I am still waiting for a proposal which is implementable
as I am currently stuck with caching of actions and selectors.

Carsten