cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <>
Subject Re: [C1][General][Patches] Implement monitor cleaning
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 16:14:31 GMT
"Tagunov Anthony" <> wrote:

>This mechanism should solve a problem I can see no non-radical
>way to solve: our monitors (in processors) generally never get >cleaned.
>One solution is to clean the monitor in the beginning of the >process()
>but what if the same processor (xslt, xinclude) get invoked twice (3
> >times..)
>per request? For this solution we're likely to loose information >about the
>This is what I propose: let us implement some new interface (I called it
>Invalidatable) and make the processors implement it (an alternative is
>to add one method to Changeble interface).

A third alternative is to completely redefine the caching system so that you
don't have the kind of Monitors that need clearing at all! That's what I've
done - it's not in CVS yet, it needs cleaning up and voting on. I hope to
post a link soon but I've also got 1.8.1 to think about (this is far too big
a change to go into 1.8.1 so it'll have to go in later).