cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon 1.8.1-dev?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:04:24 GMT
Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
>Robin Green a écrit :
> >
> > I'm very pleased to report that I finally solved the PDF problem which
>has
> > been bugging so many people ever since IE5 came out (IIRC), by setting
>the
> > content-length in the response. (Feel somewhat guilty for taking so long
>and
> > being in denial about the problem at first, but anyway.) It's not
>optimal
> > code but it'll do for now.
> >
>I couldn't find the changes for that in the latest cvs (a few minutes
>ago).

the best way to look for changes is to look at a cocoon-cvs mail archive. Or
subscribe to cocoon-cvs, but you get about 1-20 msgs a day and it looks to
be hotting up now.

>Do you mean that just setting content-length in the response is
>*the* solution ? Is the hacky "&damnIE=.pdf" still needed ?

Yes. The FAQ has been updated to explain everything. Let me know if you find
something better.

> > If anyone has any outstanding issues, please raise them now. I'm looking
>at
> > a fast release, in a day or two from now.
> >
>I sent 2 weeks ago a patch for both C1 and C2 (post named
>"[C1][C2][Patch] XMLFragment") to add the XMLFragment interface that
>deprecates the SAX1-only XObject to ease migration from C1 to C2.
>
>The patch was commited in C2, but not in C1. Could you please review it
>for integration in 1.8.1 so that people can start using it ?

I've added XMLFragment, but not using your patch. Please could you download
and cross-check, thanks.

Something odd happened when I committed it:

Checking in src/org/apache/cocoon/xml/XMLFragment.java;
/home/cvs/xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/xml/XMLFragment.java,v  <--
XMLFragment.java
done
cvs diff: XMLFragment.java is a new entry, no comparison available

I hope it's nothing to worry about.