cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] Content Aggregation-another spin (long)
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:22:15 GMT

On Wednesday, January 24, 2001, at 01:32 PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Now we have a couple of issues, the recursiveness of the sitemap
> (generators calling the sitemap to get results) and the visibility
> of the parts of the document--no way of hiding the portions.
> That might be resolvable with the use of resources.  That is assuming
> that the end result will always be HTML, or easily merged in it's
> final state.

When you say "the end result will always be HTML" you really meant "XML" - yes?

I really should look up resources and find out what they are, but from what is being said,
am I right in saying that resources can result in non XML output?  If this is the case then
feeding a resource into an aggregation (or anywhere else for that matter) would require a
redundant serialisation and deserialisation.  I'm not offering a solution here, just raising
an issue!

Stuart.